Saturday, August 28, 2010

The ART of Gifting

Would you believe that is here and Christmas is right around the corner? I don't.
Fall
 It is slooowly catching up to me. Plus with the economy being what it is I will be rethinking the gifts that I will give this year.
 Maybe we can all rethink ...the ART of giving.
 What if this year you make your gifts?
 My husband and I always try to make something, even if it's jar of jam made with love. or handmade card. or...herbs from your garden, maybe a date night out for a couple who have small children with you as the babsitter!!??
  **~~**~~**~~**~~
 The possiblities can be endless. It usually means there will be more effort on your part. You may say "But it is sooo easy to buy a gift card!" But the reward will be so empty.

 I'd like to introduce Etsy.com for your shopping list. The artisans are wonderful, full of great ideas, like retro and vintage and fashionista and darn exciting!!!!
I love to browse Etsy just to see what these artisans come up with. It never ceases to amaze me the creativity that is in this world. I do mean world because the artists are from all over the world. Take a peek sometime before Christmas you will be glad you did!!********************* kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment